Concerning processes and the equipment list, necessary for the production of craft chocolate. And which of the necessary equipment we deliver:
1) Partition and manual cleaning of cocoa beans. One of the most important operations is the removal of small stones and branches that can damage the equipment while entering operating parts. For your convenience, we make a professional sieve Allure VS with illumination for manual cleaning of cocoa beans.
2) Roasting of cocoa beans – it is possible to use any convection furnace or to fry in an oven. There is a wide choice on the market, you will be able to easily find the model suitable for you in all respects by yourself or to fry cocoa beans in a coffee roaster.
3) Crushing and separation of cocoa beans. Use our unique machine, the Allure CD3 Crusher-Separator made for the crushing of cocoa beans and the separation of crushed cocoa from cocoa wella (peel). An average exit of crushed cocoa makes 80-85% of the loaded volume. Rated capacity of the machine is 10-15 kg per hour. Data are given for results after two or three passes (repetitions of processes). Data can vary depending on a grade, the content of fat and extent of frying of cocoa beans.
4) Grinding and conching of crushed cocoas. The advantage of our equipment is the simultaneous performance of three technological processes necessary for the preparation of cocoa paste – (1) mixing of ingredients (sugar, oil, nutritional supplements) with (2) simultaneous mastication of crushed cocoa and additives to 25-30 microns and (3) conching of the chocolate paste. Conching in our Melangers begins from the first operating hours, along with crushing. The design of our Melangers allows us to keep the best shades of the taste of aromatic cocoa beans. In case you use Melanger Allure, the conching machine as the separate device WILL NOT BE REQUIRED.
5) Filtration of chocolate paste. Use our Vibro-filter VF! It is an inexpensive machine of very high quality. The Vibro-filter Allure VF is the most high-performant and efficient mechanism in the class!
6) Moulding and storage of not tempered chocolate pastes -pins (racks) will be necessary for storage of gastronomic containers with a chocolate paste.
7) Chocolate tempering. While you work with small volumes of products (for example, up to 5 kg a day), you can carry out tempering manually, and in this case, you need a granite table. If you are going to produce chocolate in lots over 5-7 kg a day, we recommend using the Tempering machine. Do you need an effective and economic version of the tempering machine? Use the Wheel tempering bathtub Allure T20! It is a universal machine, simple in use and easy in operation! T20 can be used and as (1) tempering machine, (2) as a bathtub for a warming up of oil or chocolate and (3) as a tank for maintenance of the constant temperature (accuracy of 0.3 °C) of cocoa oil or chocolate.
8) Moulding of tempered chocolate pastes. You will need forms for filling of chocolate paste, a Vibro-table, a refrigerator. For removal of air bubbles from the pastes filled in forms use our Allure VD Vibrotable!
9) Different trifles: scoops, scrapers, pyrometers (temperature measuring devices), bowls, etc. Packing at your discretion.
The recipe for the production of milk chocolate from Criollo and Trinitario cocoa beans for Allure M80 melangers (professional M series, designed for a load volume of 80 kg).
- Heat the inner cavity of the melanger with a hairdryer or floor heater with a capacity of about 2000 watts. When using the floor heater, it is necessary to tilt the melanger and direct the flow of hot air into the tank.
- Melt cocoa butter. We use deodorized, refined cocoa butter Gargriil (Netherlands).
- Set the following operating mode of the M80 melanger:
– The rotation frequency of the tank is in the range of 40-50 Hz.
– Pressure (displayed on the pressure gauge): 2-3 bar;
– Set the maximum temperature on the controller – 55 C.
- Load hot cocoa butter 17920 grams (22.4%) into the melanger.
- To load in the melanger powdered whole (not fat-free) milk 15,200 grams (19.0%). We use whole milk powder Conaprole – Uruguay.
- Melange for about one hour.
- Load the cocoa nibs in the amount of 18080 g (22.6%).
When loading cocoa nibs, do not exceed 85% according to the “CURRENT” indicator. Upon reaching 85%, pause the download to reduce the rate to 70% and continue loading cocoa nibs.
- Melange for at least one hour.
- Load sugar 28800 g (36.0%). Unrefined cane sugar “Demerara”. Coconut sugar lengthens the grinding process.
After loading sugar, you must monitor the temperature rise. For additional cooling, you can use a household fan. Direct fan airflow to the tank. Reducing the speed of the tank also leads to a decrease in temperature. Minimum revolutions must be at least 33 Hz.
- Melange for about 2-2.5 days until a dispersion of 33-28 microns is achieved.
- Addition of lecithin. The maximum amount of lecithin is 4 g. per 1 kg of chocolate mass. We add 80 g. (1 g of lecithin per 1000 g of mass) about 2 hours before the end of grinding. The moment of adding lecithin is determined by the dispersion of the chocolate mass. As soon as grinding equal to 35 microns is achieved, add 80 g. of lecithin.
- Drain the mass through a Vibro-filter. The yield of finished chocolate mass should be at least 78 kg.
- If it is necessary to grind in the period of no more than two days with a particle size dispersion of up to 30 microns, we recommend loading the ingredients at the rate of 60 kg of the finished mass.
- To obtain 60 kg of milk chocolate mass, you must load:
cocoa butter: 13440 g (22.4%),
whole milk (not fat-free) milk powder: 11400 g (19.0%),
cocoa nibs: 13560 g (22.6%),
sugar: 21600 g (36.0%).
The recipe for making dark chocolate from the Criollo and Trinitario cocoa beans for Allure M80 melangers (professional M series, designed for 80 kg of load).
M80 dark chocolate: 70% cocoa + 30% sugar.
- Warm-up the granite millstones of a melanger.
- Load 56 kg of cocoa nibs (70.0%). The load indicator is not more than85%.
- Melange for two hours.
- Load cane sugar 24 kg (30%). In the case of an intensive increase in the temperature of the mixture, manually reduce the tank rotation speed to 40 Hz.
- Grind for about 2 days to a fineness of 30 microns.
– Temperature no more than 65 C (pre-installed on the temperature controller).
– Pressure 2-3 bar.
- Drain through the Vibro-filter.
In the case of a transition from the grinding of milk chocolate to the manufacture of dark chocolate, cleaning of the melanger (washing with warm water) is required.
Allure chocolate equipment is regularly tested during the production processes of the Kudvic Company.